The FH36S has what we feel is the ideal range for a full-size lever harp: five octaves, starting and ending on C. It surrounds the player with a round, full-bodied and well articulated sound, and its generous depth, power and responsiveness make playing seem effortless. It's a beautiful piece of fine woodworking and a satisfying investment for any harp enthusiast.
The sides and back of the soundbox consist of five facets of book-matched wood. This design puts a flat facet, rather than a corner, against the player's shoulder, which some find more comfortable and which makes it easier to reach the lower strings. This soundbox shape, as opposed to the rectangular soundbox of the FH36H, gives a subtly rounder sound with a slightly fuller bass voice.
The following woods are available:
- Figured cherry
- Bubinga (figured)
The FH36S comes with a deluxe case and a custom tuning wrench and has a 5 year limited warranty.
For all details and options, please visit the FH36S Dusty Strings page.
In stock: FH36S Bubinga
Price: 6595$ US. (Price does not include international transport)
Contact us for current Canadian price.
- 36 strings
- 5 octaves
- Low: C, two octaves below middle C
- High: C, three octaves above middle C
Weight and dimensions:
- Height: 54 1/2" (137 cm)
- Soundboard width: 14" (35 cm)
- Weight: 30 lbs (13.5 Kg)
- Treble and upper mid-range: nylon monofilament
- Lower mid-range: nylon core with nylon wrap
- Bass: phosphor bronze core with nylon wrap
Levers: full set of Loveland levers. Camac levers available
- Sides, back, neck and pillar: sapele, walnut, maple, figured cherry or bubinga
- Soundboard: solid mahogany in the mid and upper ranges and spruce in the bass, overlaid with book-matched figured hardwood veneer and bordered with purfling and edge binding